Resource Stations are permanent structures anchored on the map. They provide production boosts to the system they are "assigned to" (explained below).
Note that the Resource Station is visible without having any Hyperspace Scanner.
It is unclear how the Resource Stations are built and anchored in space.
When spawned, usually some Ancient spaceships will guard the Station until a player attempts to attack it.
It is assumed that the Resource Stations are spawned when the game/server starts.
So far, the following types of Resource Stations have been observed.
You must have a fleet of combat and jump-capable ships in order to capture the desired Resource Station.
Commanding the Ships Edit
When you select your battle fleet to the Resource Station, you will have three options:
- Take under control (Attack + Capture)
- Attack (Just attack. The Resource Station will not be yours afterwards.)
- Reconnaissance (Scout)
If you want to take the Station, pick option 1. Watch with pride as your fleet cripple and eliminate the Ancients.
If you want to play safe, pick option 3. Usually this is required only when attacking the Station of other players. Expect some casualties.
There are quite a few reasons why you choose option 2 instead of option 1:
- TO BE FAIR, the game allows ONE Resource Station to ONE Star System only, so players "growing up" in "rich" regions do not get too overpowered.
- Since Ancients' ships guarding the Resource Station respawn if you do not take the Station, it can be considered as a kind of XP-farming.
Sometimes you will want to leave your Resource Station, probably for a better one to replace it. To do so:
- Locate your Resource Station (by any means)
- Click on the "Abandon the Station" Button.
- You are done.
NOTE: The Resource Station never goes owner-less; they are claimed by the Ancients afterwards.